On the last night we lit the fire ..... and despite being a warm night people slowly started to gather around it drawn by the flickering flames. Was a great night!
I don't have any good pics of the interior yet as I want to wait till it is more finished but the seats and the screen are perfect! Oh and that red bucket on the front was unfortunately necessary to make sure no one backed into it.
And here it is all finished and ready for the exhibition!
How beautiful is this propeller plate at the front!! I love it!
Even though this was a few week ago just looking at the pictures makes me tired!! It took a stack of help from friends and family and many all-nighters and many many MANY very late nights! And there was more then a few times when I had thought about just pulling out of the exhibition ... but in the end I am so glad we made it!!
More then a few late nights working on this project!! Mandi brought dinner and their daughters to play with Neko, while Uwe, Gab and I were getting the walls on. Sooooo good to finally see the caravan starting to go back together!
This is the interior wall cladding going on. Lot's of friends helping out on this project!! Thanks sooooooo much to all of them! It wouldn't have happened without you all.
Flood sweat and tears went into this caravan!! I lost some materials but saved all the walls and important stuff!
So in the end I decided it was going to be easier to just rebuild the walls. I took a cardboard template of the walls and started to make my own. Lot's of plywood, lots of glue, lots of staples and lots and lots of hours! The cutouts to keep in as light as possible.